Dr. Greibl formerly Dr. Barbara Iris Gruber born in 1978 in Linz, Upper Austria studied medicine at Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck and at the Medical University of Vienna, where she graduated as medical doctor in 2005.
She completed her education as a general practitioner in the Hospital of the Sisters of Mercy in Linz. She completed the emergency medical training in Bad Hofgastein and renewes this every two years.
Dr. Greibl began her professional training for Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the EMCO Private Clinic in Salzburg with the renowned facelift specialist and specialist for Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Walther Jungwirth. After one and a half years, Dr. Greibl moved to Vienna to the clinic of the second largest hospital in the world (General Hospital – AKH Vienna) to the worldwide highly regarded clinical department for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, including an intensive care unit for severely injured, burned patients, under the department head Univ.- Prof. Dr. Manfred Frey.
Afterwards, the training in the Hospital of the Sisters of Mercy in Vienna in the Department of Specialized Wound Management and followed by the St. Josef Hospital in Vienna, with the Breast Health Center in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery under the well-known head Professor (DMC) Dr. Boris Todoroff.
Since 2016, Dr. Barbara Iris Greibl has been running her private practice in the Health Center Hamerlingplatz Kupkagasse 5, 1080 Vienna.
Numerous internships attended in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at home and abroad. Most recently in Rio de Janeiro with Prof. Ivo Pitanguy and in Munich – Klinikum Bogenhausen with Prof. Milomir Ninkovic.
- Specialist in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- General Practitioner
- Emergency medicine doctor
- Laser protection course
- Graduate Diploma of the Austrian Medical Association
- Viennese Handcourses – Emergency Hospital Lorenz Böhler Vienna
- Microsurgery courses at MAZ-Linz and Emergency Hospitals Meidling Vienna
- Wound Management Course MedAk Linz
Member in the following associations
Since 2015 Full Member in the Austrian Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery – ÖGPÄRC
Since 2014, the only Austrian Plastic Surgeon as an Active Member in the Plastic Surgery Research Council America, USA
Since 2013 Member of the European Plastic Surgery Research Council – EPSRC
Since 2009 Associated Member of the Austrian Society for Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery – ÖGPÄRC
Since 2007 Member of the “Förderverein Brandverletztenbehandlung“
- 2009 Lecture at LFKK Linz on the topic: Guillain-Barré syndrome with the additional characteristics of a Miller-Fisher syndrome
- 2009 Lecture at LFKK Linz on the topic: Peripheral and central facial paresis
- 2010 Lecture at the Austrian Surgeon Congress in Linz on the topic: Satisfaction and quality of life after aesthetic-plastic surgery – 15 years of patient survey
- 2012 Lecture at the ÖGPÄRC Congress in Linz on the topic: Hernia Repair with Coriumflap? – vascularized!
- 2013 Lecture at the Austrian Surgical Congress in Vienna: Hernia Repair with Coriumflap? – vascularized!
- 2013 Lecture at the EPSRC Congress in Hamburg: Hernia Repair with Coriumflap? – vascularized! Lecture Prize for Best Short Oral Presentation
- 2014 Invitation to give a lecture in the Highlightsession at the Plastic Surgery Research Council (PSRC) in New York: Hernia Repair with Coriumflap? – vascularized!
As well as numerous other congress participations at home and abroad
Dr. Greibl, then Dr. Gruber, was elected unanimously after an invited speech in the highlight session at the American Congress of the Plastic Surgery Research Council in New York in 2014, as the only Austrian Plastic Surgeon as Active Member in the Plastic Surgery Research Council America, USA.